Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm officially a blogger....now what?

The world as we know it is changing around us. We are shifting from traditional media (Newspaper, TV, Radio, etc) and moving towards a "peer to peer" communication world. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media outlets are now becoming the number one source of information for people. Since I work at an advertising agency and I am primarily responsible for social media management, I figured now would be a good time to explore blogging... so here I am! And what am I most passionate about? POINTERS!

Before I get started, I first want to apologize for any typos! I've never been a good speller and English was not my favorite subject in school. So I am sure that my friend Lexie will be pointing out lots of mistakes!(after my original post Lexie has already found several mistakes!)

Now back to what I am most passionate about- my dogs. My mother Jane Johnston and I have been involved in the dog world for the past 23 years. We first started off with Yorkshire Terriers and have moved our way to Pointers. We are both very fortunate to work so well as a team and to have beautiful and happy dogs. Ten years ago my uncle, John Kearney, joined our team and we formed Edgehill Pointers.

Jane is responsible for caring for the dogs. All of our show dogs live at her house where she spends most of her day making sure they are the most well kept pets out there! I'm responsible for all handling and training. And my uncle just puts up with us! He's a life saver and we couldn't do any of this without him!

Today, Uncle John left to drive Gibson (GCH Seasyde Edgehill Heart of Gold) to Atlanta, GA where he will meet up with Michael Scott. This is the first time Gibson has left home and mom and I already miss him. Last night we took him to training class and mom took this artistic photo of him moving.
Good luck Gibson! We already can't wait for you to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment