Monday, February 13, 2012

Gibson's Big Day!


Tomorrow is the Big Day and I’m already getting nervous! As most of you know, Gibson is with Michael Scott in New York getting ready to compete at the famous Westminster Dog Show. I had originally planned on attending this year, but I have to carefully pick and choose how I use my vacation time at work…. and Westminster just didn’t fit into the schedule this year.

Of course everyone enters with the hopes of bringing home the big ribbon, and we are no different. For the past few months, I have diligently been working with Gibson to get him ready for the big show. At 16 months of age, he will probably be the youngest and the least experienced Pointer entered. But not to worry, his big smile will more than make up for it! Gibson truly loves life and loves to show…. and if you have ever been around him, you know what I mean.

Pointers are first thing in the ring at 8:30CT, which is 7:30 my time. Needless to say, my stomach will be in knots while I’m taking Jackson to daycare. I will be glued to my phone waiting to see how he did and hoping that I get a few text pictures from my friends that are there to watch. At first I was worried that Gibson wasn’t going to have anyone there to cheer him on, but now I’m starting to think that the boy has a big following! We’ve had emails/ phone calls/ text messages from several people going to watch him. VERY EXCITING! As long as Gibson shows well and looks great, I’ll be more than happy! Wait... who am I kidding? I want him to win!! hehe!  :-)

Good luck to Michael and Gibson!








1 comment: