Monday, March 19, 2012

A Beautiful Weekend for Training!


The weather is getting super warm in Arkansas for March, but it is beautiful! Mom, Jackie Paul and I got together on Saturday for a quick training class outside. We worked the dogs in a field a few houses down from my mother's and it was simply beautiful outside. The neighbor even came over to meet the dogs and take a few photos. He’s a famous watercolor artist named Bob Snider and wants to paint one of the Pointers. Apparently he grew up with Pointers!

Jackie Paul owns Doctor who is out of Gracie and Cloud. He sure is a silly young boy! He finished his championship very quickly, and now Jackie has decided to work on his Grand Championship. Since Jackie broke her toe last week, she asked me to move him…… Well, I tried! He seriously acted like a fool for me- I was so embarrassed!


We also worked Gibson and Moses. Gibson did great. He is truly a beautiful dog and his personality makes him shine. He has not been the easiest dog to train (he’d rather jump in the air and love on me), but I really enjoy working with him. We have a very special bond together and he literally thinks that he owns me (which to be honest, he does!). I have really tried to get serious with him in the ring and have stopped letting him play around…. And I think the both of us are finally getting in sync with each other.

Moses also did great! He is a funny little boy.... when I start working him, he wants nothing to do but jump on me and love on me. So I always have to spend a few minutes letting him act silly and jump around. After that, he means business! I love the way he moves beautifully on a loose lead and he can definitely nail a free stack like none other! 


And of course I have to share a picture of Gracie! This picture was taken on Saturday at day 49. I'm just shocked at how big she is with 2 weeks to go. The ultrasound (at 28 days) showed 5-6 puppies, but I'm beginning to think some were hiding that day. She will have an x-ray a week from today. Any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment