Thursday, March 29, 2012

Babies Have Arrived!


Yesterday was such an exciting day! We welcomed 7 beautiful babies into the world who are out of Gracie and Gibson.

On Tuesday, Gracie’s temperature had dropped to 98, so we knew puppies were soon in our future. At noon, I called and asked mom to check her temperature. She immediately called back informing me that her temperature was 98 degrees with two different thermometers. Most people would think that this is a sign that puppies are coming in 12-24 hours. But no, not my mom! To her, it meant that 2 thermometers might be broken! So she jumped in the car and ran to Wal-Mart and purchased 2 new thermometers. Obviously, they confirmed what the other two had already told her.

She has always whelped throughout the night, so naturally we expected another nighttime litter. However, she made it through the night. I call mom every morning at 7:30 to check in and mom’s first few words were that she thinks Gracie will go another day. I said “No way! I bet she has them soon!” Sure enough, mom checked on her and she was pushing!

I decided to take off work at noon to help with the birthing. I’m always out of town so I’ve always missed the birthing. But I was determined to be there for this litter. After all, it was Gracie’s last and Gibson’s first!

Here are a few pictures of the babies! Hope everyone enjoys! 4 girls and 3 boys.













2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Will enjoy watching these babies grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Megan, this has just blessed my heart so much! Thank you for sharing your little family.

    ReplyDelete