Monday, October 29, 2012

A Cold But Successful Weekend!!


This weekend we attended the Benton, AR shows, which is only a 20-minute drive from the house. Temperatures started off each morning in the low 30s!!! YIKES!!! And the show was outdoors- even bigger YIKES!! But mom and I managed to survive the cold and we had a pretty good weekend!

On Saturday, Gibson won Best of Breed and made the cut in the group.  In between breed and groups we had breakfast and then went to visit my grandpa in the nursing home. Gibson had a great time visiting Papaw, and Papaw was pretty excited too! Papaw said “I’ve been wanting to see Gibson, but I know he’s been pretty busy!” I thought that was really cute. Mom even managed to take a few photos.


After Best in Show, we were suckered into entering a puppy match with Harper. All of our friends were there with their cute puppies, so we decided to enter. As I entered, I said to myself “I’m going to be cussing myself latter for this!” because I knew the match would take forever and we would get home late. Needless to say, I was right!!! When the match started, there was only one ring and one judge- and they had no idea what the order was. After we waited for over an hour, mom went up to the ring steward and asked if someone else could judge the Sporting group…. and luckily they said yes! So we found another judge and the Sporting group started! Harper won Group 1 in a pretty tough puppy group. I even fell in love with the Weim puppy, Jet! That boy sure has a great future ahead of himself.
"Hey! Who are you??"

Jet & Harper

Harper free stacking it!!



Harper

Jet

Jet

Harper & Jet

On Sunday, Gibson won Best of Breed and Group 1. During our down time, mom and I went for a walk and took a few pictures of the boy.





By the end of the day I was so exhausted from being cold all weekend and I was ready to get home to my family and bed! Next weekend we also show outside.…so I’m starting to pray for warm temperatures now!

No comments:

Post a Comment